well, my used bow. an update. (plus the trials of going lefty)

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
i have been shooting it left handed.  that is going well.  well enough that i am going to spend more money.
i NEED now bow strings.  that used bow i bought was shot a lot!!  and the lack of a valley at full draw.  i sat down yesterday and stared at the bow.  the cams are not timed at brace.  so there is no way the cams are timed at full draw.  just perfect; oh well..i'll take the opportunity to get new strings.  i am 99% sure a timed bow will be more comfy at full draw. it is like bucking horse.  i have to stay very vigilant at full draw.

yesterday, despite the crappy bow settings, i was shooting nice groups at 20 yards.  only one arrow went into the tree this time. :)
i think will just get factory strings.  unless you all think 60x strings or something are better.

and i need a new bowsight.  i am using a broken spot hogg now.  it is so old..but surprisingly well designed. 

String/cables will make a big difference. I?ve never used 60x but have heard a lot of good things about them. Threadz and Rogue strings are pretty popular for the 3D shooters right now. I know folks using them and they have held up well.

I shoot stock strings on my mathews and have never had any issues.

I'm rough on my stuff and shoot a lot, so I am changing out strings every two years no matter how well it's built.

The new hoyt strings are not horrible by any means

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back