What are Your Preferred Targets?

RockyMountainHi

Dec 28, 2012
Let's start some information about what targets you use and why.  I will start and share that I have a Blob for broad heads (longest lasting target I have ever used for BHs-but super heavy), Whitetail hanging bag target and a homemade target that used  2 x 6's, old rags/clothes (6 garbage bags worth) and chicken wire.  The homemade one is on wheels, is 48" X 48" and allows me to shoot up to 100 yards for practice with the confidence that I can always hit the target, even if I am missing the bullseye.

18-1 target...best all around...stops everything and super portable and easy to pull out of.  For distance shooting I like to use a simple bag target...

I have a Rhinoblock at home and its a great target, but its heavy. For travel, I use a Hips Archery Target. Its tough and its very light, I take it everywhere with me.

stablebuck said:
18-1 target...best all around...stops everything and super portable and easy to pull out of.  For distance shooting I like to use a simple bag target...

I do the same although I have a black hole as well for the middle distances.

So far I have only practiced on delta 3d targets... and paper targets on hay bales.  3d targets are fun to shoot and give me an opportunity to judge distance and hit vitals quartering away. 

Rhinoblock...hands down.  I have owned a couple of "bag" targets and they get tore up pretty quickly.  The rhinoblock manages shot after shot...the arrows can be a bit sticky to pull out, but that only helps build muscle.  The other great part about the block is that there is a broadhead insert.  Compact, extremely durable, broadhead or field point and two (2) simulated vital sections...can't beat it. 

I prefer a bag target for shooting field tips, for broadheads I use a 3d type deer target with replaceable vitals, and a cardboard box filler with an expandable foam. (I work in custom modular home plant that uses foam adhesive for ceiling drywall, and they need to clean the lines out each day, and can fill a small box quickly) the foam boxes are my favorite for broadheads.

Back