What stabilizers do you guys like for backcountry hunts?

The SoCal Bowhunter

Dec 31, 2012
I have heard many different opinions from guys who target shoot, but I am interested in hearing what you backcountry hunters use. I am using a Trinity Archery stabilizer with an 8 oz weight. Works great and is adjustable.

For you guys who use a longer stabilizer with more girth, do you have any issues with wind and getting through brush? Really want to hear some honest answers. Cheers!

I have a Bone Collector carbon looking stabilizer - didn't really understand stabilizers all that much when I picked it up so I will probably change to something a bit longer. 

right now I only have a target setup  for my matrix which is a set of doinker fattys.  a 30" front bar and a 12" side bar.  For hunting, since I am short on funds right now I have been using the 12" side bar on the front.  A bit heavy for my liking but until I have the money for a dedicated hunting stab it will have to do.  The only hinderance to a longer stabilizer is weight and not being able to move through thick stuff easily.  But in open country for long shots I've heard of guys using target setups

Bee Stinger pro. 10" with quick disconnect. I have a 14oz weight attached. I use this same set up for everything. Hunting, 3D and target. Why change, this works for me.

anything lighter than a standard B-Stinger...I use a Limbsaver Windjammer right now, but thinking about going back to the new style B-Stinger...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back