Whitetail or Muley?

B

Bull_Fighter

What do you all prefer as far as deer hunting goes? Whitetails or Muleys, and why? Maybe there are certain characteristics you like about one over the other, or maybe it's just because you have limited access to other species, geographically.

I love whitetail, but that?s only because I?ve hunted whitetail. 
Since I started hunting out west my itch to hunt them grows each year. 
I?ve got some points in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado and I may cash in on some soon.  I just can?t seem to draw a tag in NM

Mule deer for sure. More meat, bigger horns, and you don't sit in a tree stand or ground blind all day waiting for them to show up haha.
I've hunted both and have killed quite a few of both. I think another reason I like mulies more is that I'm usually in elk country and hunting both critters at the same time.

MT_mulies said:
Mule deer for sure. More meat, bigger horns, and you don't sit in a tree stand or ground blind all day waiting for them to show up haha.
I've hunted both and have killed quite a few of both. I think another reason I like mulies more is that I'm usually in elk country and hunting both critters at the same time.

That?s something I?ve always dreamed of. Pairing two hunts in one!

Muley for sure. Never been hunting anywhere that had white tail. Will have to resolve that one day.

I love both of them. Whitetails are harder on public land(here in MS anyway) than mule deer in CO. Both are totally different though.

Turns out I have a muley tag now for this year...
To say I'm excited is an understatement!!!!!

This is a very special opportunity and I cannot wait to see how it goes. I need to do some researching!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back