Wrist Slings pro or con

marcl

Jan 2, 2013
I'm just setting a new bow up and curious about if I need to get a wrist Sling?  This is a hunting setup.

I have a hunting setup as well.  I tried the wrist sling and took it off.  I see no purpose for it unless you are a target shooter. It just got in my way.

I have one on my bow, but don't really use it , I am thinking of replacing it with some type of paracord weave for emergency use

I tried one on my bow during the summer but after a few 3D shots I released that it was in the road if I had to get ready to shot in a hurry. Took it off before hunting season.

they keep you from grabbing your bow at the shot to prevent it from dropping which can induce riser torque.  The wrist sling allows you on your follow through to just let the bow drop however it wants to unimpeded, which makes for a much more accurate and consistent shot

The wrist sling shouldn't even be noticeable when your shooting. They are a great idea for great keeping a relaxed grip, always keep one on my bows.

I use one for the above reasons.  It's just peace of mind for me.  I have been making them myself with paracord for a while now. 

Garrett Weaver said:
The wrist sling shouldn't even be noticeable when your shooting. They are a great idea for great keeping a relaxed grip, always keep one on my bows.

yeah there are really no cons to using a wrist sling.  I tried shooting without it but there is too much tendancy to grip the riser

Mountain Bowhunter said:
yeah there are really no cons to using a wrist sling.  I tried shooting without it but there is too much tendancy to grip the riser

They hold scent, and for me make it slower to get my hand in the bow correctly.
Ever tried one of those finger slings?

Backpack Hunter said:
Mountain Bowhunter said:

They hold scent, and for me make it slower to get my hand in the bow correctly.
Ever tried one of those finger slings?

yeah i didn't think about that those are two good ones.  I usually spray my wrist sling with scent killer when I do my clothes.  I think the finger sling would take even longer.  I use a neoprene easton sling.  it doesn't sit up like paracord so if I have to make a quick shot it hangs down out of the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back