2019 IDAHO Hunt

HuntingGriffs

Dec 5, 2018
Hey guys, i am in the process of planning my first elk hunt to Idaho. I have hunted muleys and whitetails my whole life but have never had an opportunity to chase elk until now. I purchased a B tag for Tex Creek and plan on rifle hunting the one week season for a bull. I plan on camping in my wall tent with one of my buddies who is not hunting, he's just coming with to be an extra set of eyes and ears.  I've been scouring over maps and trying to decide the best place to camp and get boots on the ground. Taking a trip out to scout before the season is not an option so all i will be able to do is talk to people and internet scout. I plan on getting there 3-4 days before the season starts and get out scouting to try and locate some elk and go from there. If anyone has any input on the area id appreciate it on here or PM me.

Welcome HuntingGriffs!  :welcome:

I haven?t ever hunted there, but hopefully someone is able to help. I think you?ve got a great plan though by getting there early. I?d have plans A, B, C, etc and keep hitting those until you find elk or run out of time. By having a couple scouting days, you should be able to get through a few of those plans while also acclimating to the altitude, so again I think that?s a great plan.

I grew up hunting parts of that area. I sent you a pm, let me know what areas you are looking at and I will try to help.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back