50th Wedding Anniversary

Ol' Arky

Apr 24, 2014
I wasn\'t going to mention this but today our kids and grand kids remained us of what we had accomplished with a surprise party in honor of my wife, Linda and my 50th wedding anniversary which was yesterday... Now we\'re working on #51 which is how we got to were we are today.... ONE year at a time..

it is an accomplishment when two people can stay together for longer than I have been alive :cool:

That\'s really something special Phil. Congratulations to you and your lovely bride. :clap: :upthumb:

\"cnelk\" said:
Thats great Phil!

Whats the secret? :dk:

We were both brought up in church and are both Christians and continue to be involved in the church, most of the time... Except during hunting season when I worship in that big open church with no walls and no ceiling.... ;) ;)

Doing a lot of \"honey do\'s\" during the off season and hunting every day I could during our 5 months of deer and duck season was normal to both of us... :D :D

There were several duck seasons I hunted every day since I was working shift work and could go either in the morning or afternoon... :lol: :lol:

I think the \"honey do\'s\" during off season may have been the main reason though.... :haha: :haha:

When I became disabled in 2007 I always blame that on not elk hunting for the 2 years before that... :( :(

She retired in 2012 and started going with me some but all she likes to do is read and watch the critters when they show themselves... :D :D

So the secret is--------We both loved each other from the 1st time we met and still do... :upthumb: :upthumb:

Don\'t get me wrong we\'ve had tough times along the way along with the good but together and with the Lords help we made it this far, so I figure we\'ll make it on down the road until the Lord calls us HOME... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Thanks to all... Now we can get to the project at hand.... Getting ready for the fall hunting seasons... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Just getting around reading some of the posts I missed while out west.

Congrats Phil! Sorry I\'m late on this.

Thanks Francis... Did you get all your meat put up for the winter?????? :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Back