Affects of CPW draw changes

LongRanger

Aug 22, 2017
I had this shared with me from a friend who is a member on Huntin' Fool, this shows that in the years to come point creep is going to be a nightmare for everyone. I'm really interested to see how much the other big game license Application numbers went up.

CO Desert Sheep Applicants
2017: 424 Non-res/1526 res
2018: 1772 Non-res (+317%)/ 2787 res (+82%)

CO Rocky Mtn Sheep Applicants
2017:3728 Non-res/ 14,011 res
2018: 14,134 Non-res(+279%)/ 26,859 res (+92%)

CO Mountain Goat Applicants
2017: 1951 Non-res/ 10,144 res
2018: 11,054 Non-res (+467%)/ 22,357res (+120%)

Just wait until you see what happened to the moose applicants

Im betting its up 200% or more for residents... who knows how much for NR

And just think.... with those increases, add in the $3 non-refundable application fee.

cnelk said:
Just wait until you see what happened to the moose applicants

Im betting its up 200% or more for residents... who knows how much for NR

Yup I expect it to be up all across the board, we've already seen the sheep and goat. By seeing that I would guess your 200% will be pretty close and probably just as much for NR too. If you think about it $3 is nothing, Wyoming is $14 for the app fee. I see an increase coming in the future.

Definitely not a shock. That?s a lot of extra money that the CPW is putting in their pocket.

Hoping to get lucky and draw a moose tag within the next 3 years as after that, odds go from horrible to astronomical!

I just hope they put all this extra money to good use for CO.

All this extra cash SHOULD fund some great projects, or some additional LEO, or... you know.... useful stuff  ;D

DTP said:
I just hope they put all this extra money to good use for CO.

All this extra cash SHOULD fund some great projects, or some additional LEO, or... you know.... useful stuff  ;D

Unfortunately I'm guessing that is just wishful thinking. Being a government entity, I'm guessing most of that money will never be seen and will get funneled elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong!

So out of curiosity, who here applied for more tags or preference points in Colorado than you normally would have? I typically apply for most tags, but I was waiting to start collecting points on Sheep and Goat until my kids were old enough to hunt. I figured we could start that application process together. With the changes, I decided to go ahead and start applying this year because now I might not live long enough to draw the tag  :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back