aggressiveness in the dark

L

lang

Just wondering how aggressive everyone is before daylight?  Seems like I've been wrong no matter which way I go.  If I am passive, I never catch up.  If I push it I end up bumping stuff.  Any advice?

Next time make your decision and then do the opposite!!! ;D

I usually try to figure out what the bull is doing.  (I'm always hunting the bull).  If he's moving, I'm moving.  If he's sticking around, I stick around.  Of course this requires the bull to be vocal so I know where he is.

I usually try to get ahead of them. If they are down low in the night I try to set up an ambush higher on the ridge, if they are on the top of a peak I try to get lower than them on the ridge. Cause they will be moving to their bedding area once the sun comes up. If you can be waiting for them then you aren't bumping them or having to catch up. You only have to move horizontal on the hill depending on where you can hear heading.

I will usually stay ahead of the elk. Unless you know exactly what route they are taking and you can set up before they get there. Once elk start to move, you will havea hard time staying with them. I'll keep going and set up higher and cut them off on their way to bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back