Any suggestions for my mount

Elk2

Jan 3, 2013
I have a 338 bull that I took with a bow and have had it on my wall for 14 years. I only had him on a plaque as a horn mount because i had seen a bigger elk that year and thought i could get a bigger one to mount another year( dumb decision, i should have got him mounted). I had him on a wall and came home from work to find the antlers on the floor and the skull broken. It has made me sick. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can fix it. Can you get a skull for a European mount, and if so do they look real. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

You can still get it mounted. Both my mounts have detachable antlers as I could not get them downstairs. It add a little more expense, but can still be done. For another plaque mount or european mount, check out TINESUP, as they have skull kits that may work...Sad deal here! Good luck repairing.

Sorry to hear that, If that happened in my house im guaranteeing it would be my wife because she hates having antlers in the house.  Ive showed her the door many times and she has never left so i guess shes getting used to the antlers.

BullHunter said:
Sorry to hear that, If that happened in my house im guaranteeing it would be my wife because she hates having antlers in the house.  Ive showed her the door many times and she has never left so i guess shes getting used to the antlers.

ha

I say get it head mounted. I had a buck at a local taxidermy shop. Someone broke in and stole all the antlers and cut them off the skull. They recovered alot of the antlers from the thief but not all. Luckily mine were recovered and my taxidermist said he can buy a special device and set the horns to their original place and still mount my buck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back