Anybody have a Spot Hogg with MRT

Rzrbac

Jan 12, 2018
Kind of putting the cart before the horse but I ordered a Fast Eddie XL thinking it would take awhile to receive. S and S showed 4-6 weeks but it only took a week. I don?t have a new bow to mount it on but looking at it, is the triple ring guard helpful?  It looks to me like I?m gonna have to use a large peep if I use the triple ring guard. If anybody is using one with the triple ring, what size of peep are you running to get it to center up? 

Use whatever peep you currently like. That is the beauty of that ring. I switched to that ring when I added a double pin scope and it worked great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That?s what I have is a double pin. Have you hunted with it. I?m gonna shoot some 3D tournaments to get used to it. I?ve alwats used 5 pin or 3 pin sliders.

Steven, I'm sure you know, but Spot Hogg does military discounts...

Not a fan of triple ring. But I like the concept and have only heard great things from others. Love the double pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the double pin. I've shot quite a few animals with that setup. It is by far my favorite pin configuration.

I know the yardage of the second pin is relevant to each individual setup. Right now I have a ton of arrows that are about 400 grain (little light for elk) and I?m thinking the bow I?m gonna go with will push that about 300 FPS. I may very well go to a heavier arrow as I like to have brass inserts on my elk arrows but for those who are using the double pin, where does the 2nd pin fall respective to your setup?

Rzrbac said:
I know the yardage of the second pin is relevant to each individual setup. Right now I have a ton of arrows that are about 400 grain (little light for elk) and I?m thinking the bow I?m gonna go with will push that about 300 FPS. I may very well go to a heavier arrow as I like to have brass inserts on my elk arrows but for those who are using the double pin, where does the 2nd pin fall respective to your setup?
My setup last year was pushing a 456 gr arrow at around 265 fps. My second pin was about 42 yards with my sight dialed in to 30 yards.  For elk and that setup you were never more than a few inches off out to 45 yards even if you hold dead on. 50+ is easily doable with a little practice.

Thanks for the input. I?ve played around with the sight for about a week now. I?m not real keen on the MRT, I like the single ring housing better. Could be I change peeps and see an advantage but for now I?m gonna stick with the single ring. I?ve yet to put a tape, just making marks on the calibration tape. My overall impression of the sight is very positive. I have noticed I struggle slightly with an up pin as I?m not used to it yet and at longer distances I have a clean line but off a little on my elevation.

I believe this will be my favorite sight as that Spot Hogg feel to it and for me that means extremely durable. I?m also surprised that the pin is as so bright. It seems much brighter than the pins on my Hogg It. I?m looking forward to putting it through it?s paces.

I went with a 1/4" peep for my Grinder MRT and am using the triple ring...so far they match pretty good for my set-up (28" draw with a 2006 Hoyt vTec).  Also, the mounting bar on the original sight I purchased malfunctioned when I was first sighting it in.  The customer service was OUTSTANDING though...sent them an email and they mailed me a replacement the same day!  Great company!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back