Arrow wraps

Screamn

Dec 15, 2012
Trying to decide if I should go with arrow wraps this year or not...

If I go with them I need to build a new sight tape because of the extra weight being added to the arrow... I'm shooting the a/c/c pro hunter w/out wraps I'm about 420grains.

Also wondering if adding the arrow wrap will mess up my foc?

Scream,

I haven't noticed any changes in flight between wraps/no wraps. Tim Endsley from Bad Medicine Archery is building up some new wraps for me and I can't wait to get them on my FMJ's!

I do not use wraps on my arrows.  I have a long draw therefore I have long arrows.  Thus my arrows are heavy and any extra weight addded to the rear of my arrow decreases my FOC.  I don't want that.  Lol.

dplumlee12 said:
Sort of new to archery... what are the benefits of arrow wraps?

Wraps make it easier for refletching your arrows with little prep before refletching.  They also add more color to your arrow to help you find it after a shot.  They do have their benefits.  I just choose to not use them for my reasoning above.

I like to use brightly colored arrow wraps to make them more unique to me. Also added color helps make them easier to find.

How long do wraps generally last? I keep thinking about adding them but it seems like an expensive add on as much as I shoot and refletch....

I just started using wraps this past year but mainly just for looks if i really think abought it.

Attachments

• P1020007.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 0
For me it seems easier to find your arrow and see what color red the blood is on it against the white wrap.

I use the Easton heat shrink wraps and I like them a lot, no sticky goo left on the shaft. Here is a pic of my wife's arrows.

Attachments

• 20121230_194221.jpg
    20121230_194221.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 2
Shouldn't have to use a new sight tape as your only looking at about 4-8 grains of difference. It may effect your spine if you are right on the edge though.

i have mixed feelings on them. i go back and forth. i like the way they look but for some reason, every animal i have shot with them, the arrow would break right at the edge or within a inch of where the wrap starts. Im blind in one eye and cant see out of the other so the wrap helped me to see arrow flight.

I use them and love them.  I don't notice the added weight at all and they are easier to see in flight, and finding after a shot.  Really can't go wrong with them, but understand the weight issue as well. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back