B Stingers or something similar?

Huntnfolk

Jan 4, 2013
I'm thinking about adding a stabilizer to my bow.  I've heard good things about B Stingers.  Are there other stabilizers similar to a B Stinger that you have found to work well?

B-stingers are unique and I had good luck with them for target shooting. That said, they add considerable weight and I don't want to carry the extra weight on my hunting bow.  I had an Oneida Black Eagle that was a bit out of balance, added a B-stinger and the thing became a tac-driver...the added weight out front and added resistence to torque was perfect for that bow.  Years later, on my Hoyt Carbon Matrix, it feels too heavy...and I have experiemented with different weights for the B-stinger.  On the Hoyt I have a carbon Fuse 6 inch or so and it's plenty for the Hoyt.  Bottom line, they are a stabilizer that actually works, but worth testing before you buy...if possible.

bluewine said:
B-stingers are unique and I had good luck with them for target shooting. That said, they add considerable weight and I don't want to carry the extra weight on my hunting bow.  I had an Oneida Black Eagle that was a bit out of balance, added a B-stinger and the thing became a tac-driver...the added weight out front and added resistence to torque was perfect for that bow.  Years later, on my Hoyt Carbon Matrix, it feels too heavy...and I have experiemented with different weights for the B-stinger.  On the Hoyt I have a carbon Fuse 6 inch or so and it's plenty for the Hoyt.  Bottom line, they are a stabilizer that actually works, but worth testing before you buy...if possible.

that's the thing about the matrix.  any weight you add makes a huge difference

You're right, it doesn't need weight to be a very sweet shooter.  I'm sure there are target shooters who would differ, but my Matrix didn't like or need the B-stinger.  It's perfectly happy being light.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back