Back Tension Draw Method

azpidge

Dec 28, 2012
The Doctor told me that my shooting shoulder(prosthetic now) can only handle 50 lbs. That said, does anyone know the back tension method of drawing the bow well enough that it might take some stess off of my shoulder? Thanks

I had shoulder surgery last March, needless to say I was pushing myself to safely make it to season. What I did as turn my bow don for awhile I would hold the bow with my right should stable and push with my left arm. As opposed to the natural way of drawing. This was recommended by my surgeon who is also a bowhunter and worked hard to get me ready for season. I would try this. Push off with your bow hand while locking your release hand and shoulder in place. Once you reach the end of the cycle bring your bow up to shoot, you will have to rotate your should up at this point. You should be learning some better muscles to use in physical therapy as well. Let them know what your goal is and they will work with you was my experience. Hope this was helpful, hard to explain.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back