Baffin boots

Behindthehunter

Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I?m heading to Canada for a moose hunt in fall of 2020. The guide service I?m going with recommends I get insulated rubber boots and mentioned they use Baffin boots. Anyone have any experience with these? I?m bringing hiking boots to switch into once we get out of the boats but looking for anyone with experience hunting/hiking with Baffin. They are recommending these because of their removal insulation. Is there another brand I should consider as well??

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious! But if you remove the insulation, wouldn't that make them looser fitting and possibly cause them to slip and slide on your feet and cause blisters?

I wore Mucks on my Alaska hunt. They worked great in the muskeg and when climbing in and out of the boat.

WW said:
Just curious! But if you remove the insulation, wouldn't that make them looser fitting and possibly cause them to slip and slide on your feet and cause blisters?

I wore Mucks on my Alaska hunt. They worked great in the muskeg and when climbing in and out of the boat.

Yes, removing that would make them a lot looser. They mentioned they take them out to dry them by the fire. They dry so much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Lacrosse Alpha Burly with 800mg insulation on my AK moose hunt.

Tip:
Bring some newspaper with you. Stuff it in the boots each night and it will wick any moisture into the paper.

Carefully remove the next morning and let dry as you can reuse it each night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back