Best Boots for all day hiking, but that will also hold up to steep country!

SIDEHILLARCHERY

Dec 29, 2012
Im looking for a pair of boots that will do a couple thingsfor me. I want something light and comfortable but that will hold up to lots of hiking on both flat and steep country.

im looking at a set of lowa boots myself just holding out for a bit they seem like the weight is fair.

Cowboy,
So I was in the same boat as you this year, I actually just picked up some Under Armour Speed Freak boots just on Friday. For the price I feel you can't beat them. Super lightweight, but still gave me enough arch support and ankle support.

I took them out scouting/hiking this weekend and they performed awesome. Especially for not being completely broken in.

Check them out, I think they are a great option for a lightweight, uninsulated, waterproof boot.

I was going to get the Irish Setter Vaprtrek's, but they did not have the same arch support and I have a higher arch so I went with the UA Speed Freaks.

Hope that helps a little! Or maybe it makes the water a little more muddy! Good Luck

I was actually just looking at and tried on the UA Valsetz and are really leaning that way. But i have tried the Lowas and liked those, along with some of the crispis. I have a pair of the UA Ridge Reeper boots and have been very happy with them.

SIDEHILLARCHERY said:
I was actually just looking at and tried on the UA Valsetz and are really leaning that way. But i have tried the Lowas and liked those, along with some of the crispis. I have a pair of the UA Ridge Reeper boots and have been very happy with them.

how are the ua on side hilling

Great! that's the main reason I love em so much. Plus being comfortable. I tried a set of Kenetrek boots and side hilling was horrible in those. Super Nice boots, just didnt work for me.

So I just got a pair of speed freaks by UA. For a lightweight boot, they held up awesome this weekend. I packed in about a #50 pack about 3 miles and they were awesome. For a lightweight boot they gave me pretty good arch support and good ankle support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair of the Danner Gilas that are pretty light weight and they are the most comfortable boots that I have purchased in the last twenty years, Im going to try them out next week in the field I'll let you know how they handle in the hills

I am watching this post because my boots rubbed blisters hiking in the smokies. What I gather so far are.... Meindel, lowa ,or UA.

Danner not same quality as in the past
Cabelas full draw may not last 

Personally leaning toward meindel despite the heavy price tag but will take feed back good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back