Best cheap trail camera

L

lang

We have lots of bears that like to play with our cameras, so whats the most durable inexpensive trail camera.  I started with a couple wildviews that actually worked pretty good, but one has bit it a year after a bear tore it off the tree.  So just wondering if there's better stuff for around $100.

have used tascos 5mp for 3 year now never had a problem with them and they are around a 100.00 sometimes sportsmans has them on sale for 70.00

Wild game innovation had some pretty nice cams in that price range had good luck with them last season

Some of my buddies did the wgi, and worked good for a year but have petered out before my $50 wildviews.  They did work good the first year or so.

Wildgame inovation cams are cheap and have ok results, the battery life sucks though.

I use the wild game innovations and they've treated me pretty good. Mine are only the 2mp ones and the batteries are lasting forever. Second season on the original batteries.

I have never had a bear mess with a camera, but then again I am VERY anal about scent and make sure I wear latex gloves before touching the camera and never after messing with the bait.

We try to do the glove thing, but not sure everyone that baits follows the rules.  The guy we think doesn't use gloves rarely changes the sd card while he's there too.

I have heard decent things about the tasco cams they sell at walmart for $50. If you are just using them for scouting, but if you are wanting award winning photos then you might want to try something else.

Moultrie just came out with a new camera under $100. I'm thinking it will be a pretty good one.

I got a Spypoint G4 from gander mountain last year and really like it less that $100
Cabelas has the same spypoint camera called the C4

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back