Best trekking poles

Alberta TS

Feb 2, 2019
looking for a set of trekking poles . Need to be able to combine the two for a ridge pole .
What are the best out there?

You will get tons of varying replies but I dont think there is one best universal trekking pole. I like my Leki ti cor with the clamp locks.  They seem to be quiet and feel supportive when going downhill. Uphill, almost all feel the same to me.

I also prefer a cork handle over rubber 

Talon

You definitely want to stay away from the poles that collapse and fold. Issue with those is you can?t adjust the length of the pole as you go from ascending to decsending. So telescopic is the only way to go. I did once buy some wal mart specials and they broke real fast. So I spent a few bucks on some Easton?s and they have held up great. I?m not saying Easton is the best but I am saying you need to spend a little bit of money on a reputable brand.

Not sure if you mean poles that connect together and make one long pole or just can be used to support a tarp like pup tent poles. I have some Cascade carbon poles from Costco that didn't break the bank and work great. They have the clamp adjustments and cork grips.

The ones I was referring to stay away from are the ones that collapse like tent poles. The problem is that they are only one length whereas if going up, down, or on flat ground all require a different length adjustment. So when I say telescopic they are the ones that collapses within itself and lock in place with clamps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back