Bing Maps vs Google earth

Heynekamp

Jun 7, 2013
It seems that Bing Maps have better resolution images than google earth.  Anyone else agree/disagree?  Anyone know of any other sites that have high quality resolution?  Check out http://binged.it/12p2Frc and it looks as if you can see game trails coming and going into the head of Morrison creek where it is wet typically. 

I have used both, the area we hunt did have a big cloud over it in an earlier photo on google earth, and bing had a clear view. I really like the 3d views that google earth provides, and the other tools, I used the path tool last year to map a routes for a multiday hunt then look at the profile to see what kind of elevation changes and distances involved in navigating that path. it was a real eye opener in that a 5000' change in elevation in 1-mile may be too steep, and I need to look for an alternate route.

I like to use wetlands mapper. Once you get to the map just uncheck the wetlands box and shrink that tool. Type in the nearest town and hit go. Then you can switch between aerial view and USGS topo. Great for following roads to likely looking places and then viewing from above.

I use flash earth and it runs off bing maps or yahoo maps bing was better I can see the horse trails very clearly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back