Bow sight recommendations

I just start using a spot hogg fast eddie xl and cant say enough good things about adjust out to 100 yards its a single pin but had 2 points
de4ea14b8cf70421e5269d3f64e56929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm waiting for a 5-pin slider to come in the mail.  had it sent to my office.  guess what?  tracking shows it comes tomorrow!!  WAH!!  we are not here..just perfect.

i got the Black Gold Verdict Ascent (who names these things?)  custom.

my eyes see red with a halo at far targets.  i got
red
yellow
red
yellow
green.

i see green the best at longer distances. 

i went for a 5 pin because last year i had a doe dancing around at 50-60 yards, then out to 70.  it got to much and my mind blew it.  i figure a 5-pin would cover 90% of my shoots hunting.  the 10% i can slide.

i come from spothogg.

i think SH is superior in the adjustment department.  i love all the knobs and things to get things perfect.  then you lock it down.

the thing is..once you lock it down, it's over.  i am not revisiting adjustments.  i like the BlackGolds for the simplicity.  you lock it down, game over.  sure it is more work doing the adjusments without a dedicated knob for everything.  i am okay with that.  you have to pay for those awesome knobs you use hopefully only a few times.

I used black gold sights for the last 14 years.  I?ve always had a 5 pin static sight- the rush. This year I purchased a S an S built MbG ascent verdict 3 pin slider.  It?s awesome. MBG bulletproof design.  Spotthoggs are nice too I just prefer the local company!

montanaelk31 said:
I used black gold sights for the last 14 years.  I?ve always had a 5 pin static sight- the rush. This year I purchased a S an S built MbG ascent verdict 3 pin slider.  It?s awesome. MBG bulletproof design.  Spotthoggs are nice too I just prefer the local company!

I ordered mine thru SandS as well. Same sight as yours,  I just ponied up the extra $20 for two more pins.

I put it on my bow already and plumbed it up. I think I need to drop a peep size now. Bummer!  The MBG is a tank. Way simpler than a spot Hogg.

Boom said:
montanaelk31 said:

I ordered mine thru SandS as well. Same sight as yours,  I just ponied up the extra $20 for two more pins.

I put it on my bow already and plumbed it up. I think I need to drop a peep size now. Bummer!  The MBG is a tank. Way simpler than a spot Hogg.
Yeah I had to go to a 1/8 peep.  From a 5/16.  Awesome sight thus far.  Steve really knows his Archery stuff

Switched from a 5 pin to a slider last year and things worked out great.  There are times I know I'm going to wish I had my multi-pin sight, but I seem to be able to focus better and be more accurate (especially at what would have been gap distances on my multi-pin) with my slider.

I really want to try a sight from Option Archery and have the ability to switch between a 7 pin and a single slider in the same amount of time it would take me to adjust my current slider anyway.  If a bull spooks as I draw and pinwheels back another 40 yards, it would be nice to have it set to multi-pin and not have to let down and adjust my slider.  But if I'm watching a bull trash around in a wallow at 66 yards, I'd like to be able to switch over and dial in my slider to exactly 66 and make a perfect heart shot.

Spot Hogg SDP 7 pin has never failed me. If I was to switch it would be to the Spot Hogg Hunter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back