Broadhead Tuning

NickAmN

Oct 3, 2013
Guys;

Getting ready for the count down to opening day, and am currently tuning for my broadheads and i was interested how everyone else does it. Right now i'm walking out my field points, to 50 Yards, making minor adjustments to my rest. But i wanted to check with you guys to find out what your strategy is for broadhead tuning, and i mean right from indexing to last practice shots.

If there's a better way of tuning i'm all ears.

I just screw on my broad heads however they go on, if my bow is tuned right I have not had problems with my broad heads (no matter what brand) hitting right where my field points do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first you have to have everything set for your field points and feel like every shot is where you want it then, shoot your broadheads if they dont shoot the same or super close to the way your field points do then you can adjust to tighten up the shots if you are making major adjustments something is wrong go to a proshop. most broadheads fly like field tips now days with very little variance, but you should always shoot them to check.  different heads will tune differently but my thought is if its with in an inch of my field tip its good enough 

I dial mine in on the tips as stated above, then when switching to broad heads, I check at 20 yds, and 60 yds. usually my 20 is good enough, they might fly slightly different, and all I need to do is make a micro adjustments... I very rarely shoot inside anymore which I found to make a difference with arrow flight... Ohh yes I do check the wind before making my final dial, it is easier to adjust for wind drift, or perhaps a gust in the field vs always doing it because I didnt want to wait until the morning to have a no wind situation...

I  paper tune first then walk back tune and everything is usually pretty dang good by then.

I shot my broadheads yesterday from 30,40 and 50 yards. They are shooting well. Right now I am feeling good about my shooting. I just need to get myself in a little better shape. Im not bad but I could do better.

i went to BH tune this afternoon and....i need a little help.

BH group well.  FP group well.  Just not anywhere close together.  So....I"ve got my rest moved as high as it will go (BH were grouping about 8 inches lower than the FP's).  I've now ran out of room to adjust, it's as high as I can get it.

Here's my question:  Can I now move my nock point higher and achieve the same corrections as moving the rest?

I would say if they were hitting that far apart you have other issues with your setup. I would walk back tune or paper tune first then start over with the groups. If your having to move your rest that far to try and get them to group you will probably end up with arrow flight problems and be robbing yourself of down range penetration

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back