Changing Bow Strings

Had mine done 2 years ago. got scolded for not doing it sooner. the shop said every couple years the cost around $100 for string, cables and peep and silencers back on string.

I believe it will depend on usage as well, If you do not shoot a lot I would say you can get an extra year out of it.

Yikes, I know mine is way over do. I shoot 7 days a week through the summer and on average 3 days through the off season. I try to apply wax after every outdoor use but im not always on top of that. Whitetail season just ended and im eating tag soup, going to take mine in to get it re done. I can see there is a big price difference. Does that come down to the string itself? Or what the are charging to replace it?

String can vary quite a bit in price but you get what you pay for. Cheaper strings stretch and you peep and D-Loop will move around. It will also affect you accuracy more over time (meaning you will have to adjust more often. I think cheaper strings are also more affected by weather.

I use Winners Choice and have NO complaints

I have heard that the new Winners Choice fibers are awesome and that a lot of people will get rid of the bow before changing the string. I personally use my bow for a long time before buying a new one, so I like to change them every few. I did use my old winners choice for five years before I changed it though. They are great strings.

A lot depends on the string, amount of use, and taking care of them.  If you keep maintenance up with waxing or what the company advises you will get better wear.  I tend to change mine out every 2 to 3 years, but keep them waxed and maintained.  Can't go wrong with Winner's choice as they are pre-streched.  I personally just put on a Zebra and it's great.  Price varies from string to string.

Just actually took mine in today. Its going to run roughly $100 for everything.
I ended up going with the Vapor Trail over winners choice..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back