Changing broadheads

ILbowhntr

Feb 6, 2013
Switching broadheads this year, just because. Have shot 100 grain 3 bladed Muzzys for years. Weeded it down to 125 Viper Tricks, Solids, or DRT. What's your opinion on these 3 heads?

https://vimeo.com/126653670 I switched to the DirtNap Gear DRT last year and am glad I did. This is the hole you get with a DRT! The great thing about them too is the modular weight system where you can have either a 100 grain or 125 grain with the same head. Color combos are cool also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I been testing the ramcats, drt, g5 montec cs model. I just finished paper tuning, the ramcats were same poi as field tips, drt was 6" low at 30 yards, haven't shot the montecs but have had good luck with them in previous years. I sure like the drt looks, need some more testing to see what I will be packing in quiver this year.

thats crazy 6" of drop? wow i have not had that issue they fly just like field points for me out to fifty i still wobble at 60 a bit or id say 60

I paper tuned than shot, will do a walk back tune test and see if all is good with my bow, I will shoot again and see how they fly for me. I do like the looks of the dirtnaps. I will do some more testing when I get a chance. But I do know how my bow is set right now my field tips and the ramcats are same point of impact, so I was a bit shocked to see the dirtnaps that low at 30 yards.

Wow, my DRT's are on out to 70yds past that I get the wiggles still. I have yet to find one that won't spin true either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like 3 blade fixed, 2 blade mechs. I also don't sharpen blades, I buy new ones. So I say go with Tricks. Good choices all, IMHO.

Have shot ulmers in the past with no complaints, however with TT not making them anymore i think its time for a change. Deciding between slicks, wac'em. Saw somebody posted on a different thread anarchy broadheads, they look fool proof

Was at Scheels today and they were closing out the 3 pack of Viper Tricks for $19.99. Picked up 3 packs. Came home and put one together. Shot it at 30, dead on with field points. At 50 it was about 1" low, could have been me. Flew perfect. Going back next week and buy the rest. If they cut a hole like they fly, I've found my new broadheads.

I've shot Slick Tricks the past couple of years.  Good heads.  I just switched to the Solids this summer, they are spendy for sure, but fly great and are built to withstand a nuclear attack. Oh, and they are SHARP!

Look like a great head but always out of stock. Price is not an issue, with the cost of everything else, $80 is not that high.

Steve Speck emailed me yesterday morning and said he just got the Solid 100g and 125g Legends in stock.  You should hit up S&S archery soon if you want some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back