Click

Bob Frapples

Mar 10, 2014
Ok bang stick hunters of all types, who on here has never hunted all day with and unloaded gun? I know there\'s a perfect hunter on here!

Flipping the tv channels the other day, I saw a guy taking his daughter on her first turkey hunt, click, lol

I\'ve done it more than once.

I have not had that happen yet. I always have a certain \"ritual\" if you have it when I arrive to my hunting spot. I always travel with my hunting rifles unloaded. The second the key is shut off and I am in my parking spot, first thing I do is load the gun.

I think the worst thing that I forgotten is TP.......

guilty.

one of the conveniences of hunting with a bolt action is it can be loaded quietly in the deer stand.

same not true of a semi-auto. thats my single biggest hangup with AR-type hunting rifles. (I still own one..... just have a higher \"empty chamber paranoia factor\".....)

shane

I do not remember that ever happening, but I do remember a fellow, I hunted with, forgetting his gun. We had to return to where he left it at the end of the road. where we had taken a break. I also hunted with a guy that used a hip quiver, and forgot it when he left the truck. It worked out well for me as he was the caller that day.

When I do rifle hunt gun gets loaded when we leave the truck, and stays loaded till we get back to the truck. About 6 years ago I was muzzle loading, it was the last day. Me and a good friend had gotten on a small group of elk that had a big 6x6 in it we chase them all morning. I took the safty off 3 times but never could get a shot off. After packing up camp we set out a pie plate to shoot at to unload the muzzle loaders, well when it came to my turn I put the gun to my shoulder pulled the trigger, click pulled the hammer back again nothing. Changed the primer again click. I am kinda glad I never got a shot at that bull. And no I did not forget the powder :)

I\'ve hunted all my life with either a Winchester 94 in 30-30, or in recent years with a muzzleloader.

I\'m far far from perfect, but i\'ve never hunted with an empty gun. I\'m too picky about details to do that.

me.

i always push the cartridge down below the bolt. so my rifle is always unchambered. i dont know how many times in the beginning i dry fired that rifle on an animal.

shotgunning..i walk with a cracked open over and under.

i have never gone hunting without bringing ammo tho..if that i what you are asking. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back