Close encounter

DaveBTS

Jan 31, 2013
I thought I was about to smoke a big bull until I snuck around the tree. This was the only game I saw in 20+ miles of hiking.

Attachments

• Day 1 013 (2) (724x800) (543x600).jpg
    Day 1 013 (2) (724x800) (543x600).jpg
    257 KB · Views: 6
And she was patient enough to get her picture taken. Nice - so who won the stare down?

Makes you a little nervous being that close doesent it,but is a cool when it happens.Never been that close to moose but have been close enough to elk to pick their teeth!!!

WOW thats a little nerve raking! I would rather encounter a black bear than a moose. I'm not sure why but moose make me nervous when I get close.

Sweet. Only time I was that close to a moose she had a baby with her. I walked away SLOW. Six Picts is great. Love the close ones.

My partner and I have had a run in with a juvenile male moose AKA "Chucky" for 4 years in a row.  It's a good idea to be on guard when your in moose counrty,  exspecially when your partner will try and use you as a rodeo barrel when he charges. 

Interesting how everyone says that. I have encountered far more moose/calves and bulls than I have black bears. Well easy to say when the count is at zero for black bears here in North Dakota. But every year out deer hunting I run into 5-10 moose a year. Only one encounter where the cow felt cornered and stomped and made a "bluff" charge. We had pushed her several times and always seemed to meet up with us in the next coulee. So I can understand that one. Other wise the moose simply don't evenseem bothered. Although the rut is a different story with them....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back