Colorado public land hunt

bowfishtank401

Mar 29, 2020
Yo Me and my buddy?s are planning an elk hunt in Colorado what are things your supposed to do. I know you have to have hunter Ed , will my hunters Ed done in Texas work or do I have to do it again over there? Things like that, some of the stuff online is kinda confusing. I know about over the counter tags are only for certain zones but it?s still kinda fuzzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Texas hunter education is good to go in Colorado.  Just bring it with you, buy a tag and do it.  You have plenty of time to study online. Good luck.

The OTC Units are all available via a map in the Big Game Brochure. Check out pages 37-39 for the different maps for different hunts.

You can go to a Wildlife Office and show your hunter safety card and get it "verified". You will not need to have it when buying any license in the future.
If you look at maps and if two public lands touch at a corner, you can not legally cross from one corner into the next corner. That only applies where the corner points touch.
Many roads can give you access but you can not park on the sides. There is usually obvious parking spots where you can.

Well take a look at the OTC tag areas. You will see that they have really shrunk this year. This means tons of people in areas that are not used to it. Not sure what the heck we are going to do this year since almost all of the areas we used to hunt are now draw only.

Hi Bowfishtank401,

Have you looked over the maps for OTC archery on DOW website? I'm sure you have, but just asking.

The website also has a helpful atlas tool for reviewing units after you narrow down your search. Below is a screen shot of the OTC archery units for 2020. All of the southern western corner of the state have gone to draw only.

Do you have any points built up? Or did you and your buddies apply for any limited draw units this year?

Attachments

• OTC Archery Colorado.PNG
    OTC Archery Colorado.PNG
    490.1 KB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back