Delorme InReach Explorer

westernarcher

Jul 15, 2013
Who has been using this and how are you liking it. Been doing a bunch of research and finally found they do show coordinates in UTM now..  Gonna get it here soon hopefully get a labor day sale at REI

I personally haven't used one but have a friend that swears by them. He hunts the Idaho back country and says they work great. I currently use a spot which works well but doesn't have the features the Delorme does. I can see myself switching over in the next couple years.

I have the SE and it's great. I can text my wife to let her know I'm good & check up how things are going at home. I pair mine my iPhone which makes texting a lot easier. In addition, when you down load the earthmate app for the InReach Explorer SE there's a map page you can download maps. The maps are awesome so it gives a gps also that runs off satellites not cell towers.

I want to get one soon, filming for Sheep Shape last year and we had them. Pretty awesome, be able to stay in contact with family and also have help if needed is nice without costing as much as Sat phone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back