did it take an injury in the elk wllds to get any of ya to get in shape?

huntnmuleys

Jan 28, 2013
It did me, been obese my entire life, but when I tore a muscle in my thig at almost 11,000 feet it was a wake up call. Wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so big.

The last two years have been great, lots of runn8ng and lots of weight loss. Any of you in the same boat?

No injury, just the though of being injured.  I try to stay in tip top shape so that injuries are at a minimum.  It helps by allowing me to stay in the field longer and more stamina to hunt all day without getting as tired.

That's for sure. The last two years have been MUCH more enjoyable for me. I can do a lot of things I couldn't before.

Good for you! I try to stay in tip top shape as well. Im glad you are training hard. Keep it up! Im sure it will pay off with a big bull!

I am in pretty good shape already but did tear some cartalidge  in my knee when I was about 3 miles from the truck by myself.Crawling on your hands and one knee to get out really sucks.being in shape does help but shit still happens. Knee surgery and 10 years latter now and putting in around 200 mile each hunting season since man I love the mountains.

Yeah my family went to the narrows in Utah and hiked that. half way down my knees hurt so bad I felt like dying. But the only way out was to be tough and keep going. I think its because I hadn't been very active during the summer before that. Since then I try to stay in shape and I haven't had knee problems since.

Yea, but it was an injury to my pride. I promised myself a long time ago I would NEVER go into the woods that unprepared EVER again. I spend to much money and time getting ready to do what I love most and being in tip top shape is just as important as a well tuned bow, a sharp broadhead, or a well fitting pare of boots.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back