Did Some Fishing Today...

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
Switched gears and went to do some fishing with my old man today. Had a great time and ended up landing this 20? walleye along with a bunch of crappies. I hadn?t been out since last year but I can?t wait to get back out now!

f215d0ea4a68a322041a9039d084ff96.jpeg

cohunter14 said:
Switched gears and went to do some fishing with my old man today. Had a great time and ended up landing this 20? walleye along with a bunch of crappies. I hadn?t been out since last year but I can?t wait to get back out now!

f215d0ea4a68a322041a9039d084ff96.jpeg

Nice fish!!!!! Not a bad way to start off a Monday.

Who makes those boots?  ::)

DTP said:
Nice fish!!!!! Not a bad way to start off a Monday.

Who makes those boots?  ::)

Hahahaha, boat fishing...gotta be comfortable and it?s gotta be okay to get your feet wet when getting the boat in and out of the water  :grin:

Got back on the water for a bit yesterday. Hit a good crappie hole and threw in a bass as well.

c59d20ca0b332812b97592b19007a0e6.heic

Not seeing the pics Derek.  Did one of my settings get out of whack?  Generally if I'm logged in then can see everything in a post.

Yeah, server issues are still having their effect on us. It's visible on tapatalk for some reason, but not on the actual site. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon  :crazy:

walleye.  arguably the best tasting fresh water fish (for me).

nice!!  one day, i am gonna get canoe and fish the boundary waters up north.

I went walleye fishing last night - caught a few more for the skillet.

Only a couple more week left here for good walleye catching

cnelk said:
I went walleye fishing last night - caught a few more for the skillet.

Only a couple more week left here for good walleye catching

Yum yum yum!!!! :upthumb:

Well done Brad  :upthumb:

I'm planning on sneaking out over the next couple of days to focus specifically on walleye. Crappie are fun, but they sure don't feed too many people!

Well, got back yesterday from a few days on the water with my dad and it was absolutely awesome! Got on the water Thursday at about 6:15 and we were able to catch a nice 18" walleye and a 12" perch before heading to our hotel. Fried them up at the hotel with some homemade hash-browns...yum! Saturday morning started slow as it was pretty windy and the water was choppy. However, we were still able to catch two keeper walleye and two massive crappies before heading to shore for lunch.

Here was one of the crappies. I have good size hands (wear XL gloves) and I couldn?t even get my hands around him from back to belly.

d1a5e4cd2fdfe602240a34aa08e86beb.jpeg

Headed in for a shore lunch with the two walleye. Here is what that started with:

da201a8b523bdf223e9abb4c5a9a251b.heic

Fried up some potatoes in one pan, then did a package of bacon in the other. As the bacon finished, I threw a whole white onion that I sliced up into the bacon grease. Cooked that for a few minutes, then threw the walleye slabs into the bacon and onion flavored grease. So good!

Headed back out for the afternoon and it ended up as one of the most epic days I?ve ever had fishing. We just started slaying the walleye! Ended up getting eight more keepers and an 11? perch before 6pm, limiting us out for the day on walleye at 10 total.

46c7b479dd57d08ca6e422f0a10c9858.heic

ec76791714ea493dd06d31ac4b5ba0ae.jpeg

Headed back to the hotel, relaxed for a bit and had dinner...no fish this time as I didn?t have any energy to do all that cooking again!

Went back out Saturday morning to try to get our max possession of 10 walleye before heading home. We caught 10 keepers the day before, but ate two, so we figured why not. Got on the water and within 40 minutes of stepping foot on the boat, we had our two keepers, both over 18?. We probably fished for 15-20 minutes max of that time with drive time and getting setup all factored in. We decided to fish for a few more minutes and I ended up catching a wiper as well, which was a first for me.

51f3a0f93a1f83df4483d325d3d8ddfc.heic

All in all, an awesome couple of days spent with the old man, and probably the best day of fishing I?ve ever had, which is saying something when I?ve been on a couple of trips to the boundary waters of Minnesota and Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back