Dream Hunts?

kjw

Sep 23, 2013
No doubt that we all love to chase elk, but anyone have an end all be all dream hunt out there for something else that they would love to go on? If elk is that hunt, where is your dream elk hunt of a lifetime??
For me....Alaskan or Northern B.C. canadian archery moose in the rut. Got my shiras in WY a couple of years ago with my bow and was one of the most enjoyable hunts I've ever had. Im hooked. Was offered to go to B.C. next year for moose but had to turn it down for now. Not a cheap hunt. Someday I'll be there.

The "Gila" area of New Mexico makes the dream, elk hunt, for me. I like those really thick, dense antlers the area produces.  I've been in there during the summers, throughout the years.  Seen some monsters in velvet!    :) Nope, no spindly ones in there.  No sir.  They got some BA bulls in there.

mine would be in canada or alaska canada trip would be elk moose caribou maybe a bear too alaska would be a float down river caribou moose brown bear none of which i can afford while i have a kid in school lol ill stick to praying for good draw spots on the years i can afford to go maybe ill knock out my turkey grand slam : ;)

My dream hunt for elk would be chasing Rocky's through the aspen's or above in Colorado.  I could hunt them here in Washington but I like chasing their big brothers (body size) the Roosevelts, plus space is  limited/ tree farms charge to hunt around the Cascades.
I would also love to chase mountain goats in the Brooks Range in Alaska, there is just something about landing on a glacier and spending weeks in a remote place.
And finally to chase moose in the Yukon.  That one is for my grandfather, it was a true passion for him and he did it for years.  I would like to accomplish that one while he is still alive so I could share a story or two with him.

Cape buffalo. No doubt. Maybe an elephant but I think actually the buffalo is my top pic. Just 4 more years and I get three weeks of vacation a year at work. I'm going to Africa before I die. Definitely on the bucket list

Alaska/ Yukon moose.  Did my oil in Idaho and had a ball trying to get one with a bow, and took a little bull at the end of the year with at rifle.  It still just kind of erks me and feel I need to redeem myself.

There's still a few animals I want here before I border jump. Is like to cut a bighorn tag here and get a big old Alberta cat on a chase hunt. Bc goat and mountain caribou would be my next choices. Oh and a 350" southern Alberta prairie bull would be nice as well. I only need another 6 years to draw a tag.

I think I'm now hooked on elk. My dream hunt will be everytime I hear those bulls screaming in the mountains.

Rich I know your hooked on elk everyday 75% of our conversations are about elk, elk hunting, new gear, and ragging on each other about Mathews vs bowtech. With that being said my dream hunt was a Colorado elk hunt now that I did that it has become a necessity to do it every year. Now I think my dream hunt is a Wyoming elk hunt then a moose and a caribou hunt in Alaska.

Birddog - I'm telling you if you come over here I can get you hooked up with my Mathews dealer.... You won't be sorry!!

Rich you are the funniest guy I know only problem with that is I don't have enough polos or suits to be a Mathews guy my neck is a little to red and my collar is to blue to fit in with that crowd

That's alright bud, it'll come with age. When you get to be my age we'll see where you're at...

Took a moose and BH ram with bow already. Now I want a Mountain goat & I really want a caribou.
Oh and everything else too ! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back