drop away rest?

kurt72

Jan 23, 2017
was just wondering if anyone has used a trophy taker xfc rest.was just looking for thoughts and suggestions.i picked it up fairly cheap

I've used one.... good rest, not as slick as the smackdown pro but it'll do the job.

What I didn't like about mine was it wasn't a counter weighted drop away and the string was tied to your cable, not your limbs. The string connecting the rest to the cable gets pulled through the rest's housing at an angle (obviouly) and the housing had a sharp enough edge to cause it to fray. After only a few shots (because of how the rest was designed) I noticed it fray'ing right by the rest from the tension being put on it when you draw and the rest comes up (not sure if that makes sense?). Sounds more confusing than it is but there was also really no way to mitigate it.  I switched out for a smackdown pro. I've been happy with trophy taker products but next rest might be a QAD. That is if I don't give up compounds all together and just shoot recurve  ;D

To be fair I never wrecked the string connecting the rest to the cable, it was more my adhd kicking in and noticing a small amount of fray. I shoot 5-6 days a week in summer 60-250 arrows at a time and never broke the string.

thanks for the info.going to go ahead and give it a try.my buddy gave me a good deal on it so mise well try it out.thanks

It's a good rest, I didn't see the fraying issues that backcountry_hunter did but it's on my woman's bow and she doesn't shoot as much as she should [emoji849] I chose the smacksdown pro just because it was limb driven over cable driven  but I see pros and cons to both. It should be just fine for you, if it was junk they wouldn't sell so many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back