Exo vs. Kuiu

Every penny of it.  From my own experiences with the pack which I went KUIU to Mystery Ranch and finally as well as thankfully found the EXO.  It?s made better than the other two. Works better on my back torso wise.  Feels better underweight.  I know myself and a couple hunting buddies have/had KUIU, they have almost all had a wicked squeak. Which granted it doesn?t affect functionality but it?s annoying day in and day out. Also I?ve seen a couple cracked frames from packout. They do have their nice points for sure.

Also it?s my opinion that packs are similar to boots. In that everyone?s body is different.  I know you are able to adjust both for torso length etc but under weight the EXO has more adaptability in securing a load of meat or whatever firmly in the pack and it will stay there and not shift around on you.

Just my two cents

I?ve never had a KUIU but I can attest to the comfort of the exo. I borrowed one from a buddy last year and it was an excellent pack, fit well and was adjustable enough to make it pretty much a custom fit. However when I bought mine this year I went with a Stone Glacier, the frame fit me like a glove. Not saying the exo didn?t, the SG just fit more sung and secure, so that?s what I went with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emiller35 said:
I?ve never had a KUIU but I can attest to the comfort of the exo. I borrowed one from a buddy last year and it was an excellent pack, fit well and was adjustable enough to make it pretty much a custom fit. However when I bought mine this year I went with a Stone Glacier, the frame fit me like a glove. Not saying the exo didn?t, the SG just fit more sung and secure, so that?s what I went with.

I was actually looking at SG yesterday. What model did you end up going with?

DTP said:
emiller35 said:

I was actually looking at SG yesterday. What model did you end up going with?

I went with the Sky 5900, I liked the added room it provided, but also the ability to convert it to down to about 3300ci as well for day hunts or just hiking around. Wanted a pack that I could use year round and not just during the season. Plus it comes with a lid.

I am very happy with my EXO 3500. No experience with the KUIU, but have a couple Eberlestocks, a old Jennson Hardcore, a Blacks Creek and a few others. If I could put a couple features from some of the others on the EXO, it?d be my perfect pack.

I don?t have experience with either one but I am planning of getting the Exo. I don?t think you can go wrong either way and may just come down to preference and best fit.

I've got an Exo 3500 bag on a Kifaru frame. Never thought I would spend this much on a pack set up but it has been well worth the money spent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back