First Archery Bull

jaternoslo

Aug 25, 2017
Walked out to this spot. Wasn't seeing much for tracks, but I thought I'd set up the tree stand anyway. Wind was wrong, the evening was beautiful.
I wasn't feeling very hopeful, and I'm usually pretty quiet on the calling. I watched Corey last night seeing if there was anything I could do this early in the season. Thought I wasn't going to lose anything by trying. So I started some soft cow chirps. Three at a time. Did it for about an hour and thought well, this isn't working. Then I heard a branch snap in the distance. So cool, maybe a cow is coming in. Let a few more go and waited. This bull started creeping in. I almost crapped my pants. No way, this seriously worked!
So I waited and he slowly creeped up looking for the call. Got within 20 yards. I was up in a tree stand, and the rest is history.

I was amongst some cows the night before. there were about 3 around the tree stand, and i just listened to them. Light cow chatter. Thats what brought this guy in.

A beautiful animal. So thankful for him. And the experience, and yes, Corey's tips!

Attachments

• 3995.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 48
  • 3994.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 47
WAY TO GO JATERNOSLO!!!!!!!!
Huge congrats on a might fine bull.

It's fun shooting them from a treestand isn't it?
They have no idea you're there!

Congrats again and enjoy those backstraps!

I'm pretty fortunate. Up in central Saskatchewan. Wildlife runs rampid. We have elk on our farmland but the bulls are very elusive. This guy was harvested about 2 miles from yo house.gpmxgt

What a blessing to live and hunt where you do. Beautiful animal and well taken.
Great job and congrats!

That's a great bull!  What a great story too and from a tree stand!  Awesome way to go!!

Congrats on a very nice bull. I'm still trying for my first. I'm on year 4 of archery and have had some good opportunities in the past, I just haven't been able to make it happen yet.

So far this season I haven't seen much, saw a couple of cows while glassing and called in a spike Sunday night. I'm heading out for a week with my dad during muzzleloader so hopefully we can get on some elk.

A goal of mine since I started bowhunting has been to call in a bugling bull for my dad to take with a muzzleloader, and vice versa, I would love to have a chance at a Bull with my bow my dad has called in for me. Hopefully we can make this happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back