Funny Tricks

nclonghunter

Dec 28, 2012
What kind of funny tricks have you done or had done to you when in elk camp, or just hunting/camping?
First year I went to Colorado, about four days into the hunt my buddy asked me to adjust his day pack while he was wearing it. I was sitting down when he asked. As I got up I picked up a rock that was proably a pound or two. I started pulling his pack around and slid the rock into it. He hiked the rest of the day carrying the rock. That night when we got back into camp and he was refilling his water bladder he found the rock. He had a few choice words, but laughed it off. I will not let him near my pack now.

My sister used a set of sheds and hung them just right from the meat pole to make it looked she had a great day. You could see them hanging from a long ways away so we had plenty of time to get really excited before we realized we'd been had.

When the elk bed down in the morning, I often find it a good time to take a "nap" as well and plan the afternoons hunt. Once I tied my buddys boots together, real loose. After a bit, I excitedly woke him & said " Elk are up let's go NOW ".  Fun times!

One morning my dad didnt want to get out of the tent and wanted to sleep in so i decided to place a fake snake in his boot for when he finally decided to get out of bed.  Needless to say my father makes sure he is up long before everyone else.

I went hunting with my friend and his dad. They slept in a camper and I set up a tent next to it and slept there. Sometime during the night I woke up and had to pee so I went outside between my tent and the camper. Just as I got out I heard his dad moving around and I heard him tell my friend he was going out to pee. He turned on a light and came out so his eyes were blinded by the light coming out into the darkness. He stumbled out and walked to me and stood beside me not knowing I was there. He got ready to pee and I did a high pitched scream. He stated spinning and pissing while he was screaming louder than me. I couldn't sleep for an hour after that, just kept laughing.
Once you doing something like that, you got to watch your back!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back