Gear list PDF

Joe Riches

May 10, 2018
Hey Cory, any chance you can share the form you used for your gear lists?. Ive been trying to work one up but i suck at that stuff!

Joe, what gear list are you looking for? Bivy hunt, truck camping, stuff for your pack, etc?

Im just trying to come up with a simple ?Excell? type form that i can adjust to fit whatever. Just like the ones in the gear part of the course. 
Specifically i need one for my day pack, bivvy and a big one for base camp that i can plug in all my own stuff.

Joe, as you've probably noticed I don't think anything can be copied from the UEH course. The easiest way to see if Corey has a copy of this handy is to email him at Corey@elk101.com. Shoot him a note and hopefully he can help you out.

Thanks I?ll email him.
I think I?ll give him a few days though. He seemed a bit perturbed yesterday!!

Not Corey's, but here's Brady's:

https://www.gohunt.com/read/skills/the-backcountry-hunting-gear-list-breakdown-revisited-for-2017#gs.TNMfxDg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Joe....

Post your list for a critique.

It's always nice to get some gear list threads going. It opens good discussion and people often share little trips and tips that may not be out there.

Joe, I?ve made a list in excel for a bivy hunt for a week with food as a separate category as well. It also adds and subtracts ounces and converts it from oz to lbs for total overall.  Also the food is separated by breakfast, snack a, lunch, snack b, dinner. I haven?t added calories yet to it but it has weight per day spread out to a week so you can see food weight by day and the week overall. The food section also adds and deletes and converts ounces to lbs for you too.  I don?t have them separated into categories like Corey but similar. I used his for an example and created my own to my liking.  Well, to be honest my wife is an accountant and director of operations so she whipped it up and I just input the data.  She is much better at that than I.  If you don?t get that one from Corey I?d be more than happy to share it with you.

That would sure be appreciated. I worked one up but I just can?t get the math figured out. I sent Cory an email but I?m sure he is swamped so if I don?t hear back I will be in touch.

Thanks!

So I don't have an excel sheet, but my daypack is typically the same with only minor variations, depending on what I'm hunting.

- 1 to 1.5 gallons of water. (Possibly more depending on the hunt)
- compact medical kit 
- food and snacks (typically stuff like fruit. nuts, candy, snack bars, PB&J, or tortilla with peanut butter and bacon)
- spare headlamp
- spare knife
- a few spare batts
- spare wind checker
- rain gear (if suspected rain)
- pen, lighter, zip ties, and 550 cord in a plastic bag (double bagged in case I need the other bag)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's usually it.

My setup is pretty minimalistic.  The only conditional items are trauma items for my first aid kit due to bear country. Better to have it and not need it...

I think if I remember correctly I?m 23-25lbs without food for 5 night 6 days in bivy with everything.  Including extra layers. 

I do tend to nerd out a bit on weight but it?s worth it when you strap on a quarter or whole deer to your pack 6-10 miles from the rig.  Ounces add up to pounds in a hurry. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back