Getting started!

SIDEHILLARCHERY

Dec 29, 2012
Lets hear everyones tips for getting back in shape. How do you get off the couch, break those bad habits of eating unhealthy and no physical activity and get back in the gym?

I try (notice said try) to get up at 5:00 am and get on the elliptical with the resistance set at 20 every morning.  I got my butt kicked by a hunting partner last year and I felt bad because I was holding him back. If you can try to exercise in the morning if your trying to lose weight, you are on an empty stomach and will burn more fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walk run i have several 2 mile loops i run it once and walk it once rotate out a bike ride yoga and light weights only light i want to be strong not tear out a muscle

Don't forget to stretch.. I messed up my back a few years back real bad because I wasn't stretching when I started working out.  Dang near ruined my season.

coloelko said:
Don't forget to stretch.. I messed up my back a few years back real bad because I wasn't stretching when I started working out.  Dang near ruined my season.

To add to that... Don't go wakeboarding after long periods of inactivity then try to shoot your bow the following days. My lats and back hate me right now!!

I try to start with something small like no more sweets or pop. Eating right helps me get into a healthy state of mind. From there, walks and short bike rides turn into running and several mile bike rides going as hard as I can. When my new pack gets here I will be throwing some weight in that and doing some stairs to get my legs used to the load. The thing to remember is everyone is different. For me, its the little things that turn into major health benefits down the road. Others can jump in head long after not working out for a long time. Try a couple different approaches and see what works for you. Good luck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back