Good Luck, Be Safe, Have Fun!

mtnmutt

Mar 2, 2014
Soon old Hootie will depart and abandon us, so I wanted to get this posted now.

I truly appreciate all the help I have received from both new elk hunters and old veterans. Many thanks to you all.

I wish you all well on your hunts. Remember to have fun.

If anyone has time, please update us on your hunts either during or after. It is always nice to hear what people are experiencing out in the woods. Last year, it helped me to hear people reporting on how the elk were reacting to calling and type of calling.

Good luck to all! I know many of you will be leaving in a week or less. Can\'t wait to start seeing the pictures on the meat pole!

I\'m doing something new this year. I have little confidence of getting an elk. Which is a new feeling for me.

I will have fun though, and hope you all do too.

\"Still Hunter\" said:
I\'m doing something new this year. I have little confidence of getting an elk. Which is a new feeling for me.

I will have fun though, and hope you all do too.

Always have confidence in ya hunt... Ya can moan and grone later... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And all of ya remember the only enjoyment I get from elk huntin\' nowadays is from ya\'lls stories and pictures... Plus it gives me somethin\' to pass the time till deer and duck season here...

Hope all of get a big ol\' good un and if not enjoy and be safe... :upthumb: :upthumb:

I don\'t moan Phil. Just telling it like it is. I know when the odds are in my favor, and against me. This year is an experiment.

The last several years have been experiments for me as this one will be... I expect the experiment will turn out well, either for me or the deer and ducks.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yep, good luck, have fun, and be safe! And thank you all for the priceless advice.

I look forward to hearing everyone\'s hunting stories and seeing pics of all those big bulls you\'re going to get---especially yours, mtnmutt!

\"Still Hunter\" said:
I don\'t moan Phil. Just telling it like it is. I know when the odds are in my favor, and against me. This year is an experiment.

Pete, you\'ve got plenty of elk under your belt. You can afford to experiment! Looking forward to hearing about it. :cool:

I will soon be leaving. I am not sure if I want to get back very early. I love the hunt, but I also want to fill my tag. I have a new deck to build when I return. I am sorry I will not be able to give any updates while I am gone, but I will post when I return. I may call John, Brad, or Stringunner, and they can say something.
I look forward to seeing all of your animals on the meat pole. Certainly best wishes to each of you. Still Hunter I know you have been thinking about your hunting, but lets see another one from you too on the pole. There is plenty of room. WW, I hope you have those popsicles cleaned out of the freezer and have enough room for another elk.

Good Luck All

Good luck everyone! I hope everybody has a great time regardless of the action. Good luck dad....I hope we have some quality hunts this year together. Get your business done. :mg: Then we play. I am really enjoying the ground pounding. I think my rear end is tired from 20 years of pretty much exclusively tree stand hunting. I am in a good place mentally as I\'ve enjoyed going 2 for 3 in the last 3 years. My average is far less over 20. I am known to be a bit more picky and as a result I don\'t score every year. I am do for a dry year as I am setting my goals higher... but that takes pressure off in a way and I am looking forward to hunting hard and letting the chips fall where they may.

Best wishes son (Olympushunt). I am going to be very selective this year too. I am only going to shoot a brown one with meat under the hide. I will not be shooting one with milk on its lips either. As you can see I am prepared for the long haul.

I hope all have a great hunt.
I will be updating on here every few days for those that are interested.

We will all gather up here after the seasons end.
Take lots of pics and try not to embellish too much!

Cheers!!! to everyone at BackTrakOutdoors!

My camera went belly up after 9 years of use. All I get now are real dark pictures with red stripes running through them.

Anybody got a spare I can use? I\'m too buried in medical bills this year to buy one.

No, I don\'t have a cell phone. The only time I might need a cell phone is when i\'m in the mountains in case of an emergency, and there\'s no reception there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back