Google Earth 3-D view

bstiger

Oct 26, 2018
New to Google Earth and after watching the UEH still confused on how you get the 3-D view on Google Earth?  Is there a setting? User Error? LOL  is there a setting I need to turn on?

If you are using Google Earth it should be in 3D. Did you actually download it or are you trying to use earth view on google maps?

If you look at "tools" then "options" elevation exaggeration should be set at 1. If it's set at less than you might not see the 3-d imagery. You can also set it at more than 1 to over exaggerate the landscape. I find that helpful sometimes if you cant tell if the bump you are looking at is a hill or not you can really tell if you over exaggerate the terrain. 

bstiger said:
New to Google Earth and after watching the UEH still confused on how you get the 3-D view on Google Earth?  Is there a setting? User Error? LOL  is there a setting I need to turn on?
Desktop or phone?

On a desktop there are controls (usually top right) and mouse click and drag means to change your orientation.

On a phone zoom then, using 2 fingers (slightly spread) drag down.

Not sure about your question, but here is a neat feature on GE:

Find your area you want to hike

> Select 'Ruler' > Select 'Path' > Select 'Show Elevation Profile'

Make clicks on the route you want to hike and GE will show you your distance and elevation gain/loss, max slope, and average slope.

This is really helpful so you can see how steep the terrain really is.

Attachments

• GE_Elev Profile.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back