Headed to deer camp

Ol Arky

Aug 5, 2017
My wife and I are headed down to the deer camp in the morning early... We have fall weather in August and are going to attempt to at least start to make an impossible task possible... We have a small artesian spring that crosses the valley of death shooting lane in front of our stand... It's not impossible to cross with a Ranger or other ATV but is very hard for a tractor and bush hog and virtually impossible with other larger vehicles (unless Dan or my oldest son are driving of course :haha:) So a bridge is in the making...
So if you don't hear from me in a few days send my wife and family flowers... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I am feeling better and doing a lot more than I have been... We've, my wife and I, have almost got us another stand big enough for the two of us built.. So we'll see how these bridge and new stand projects proceed in the coming weeks and months...   

Awesome Phil, glad to hear you?re feeling well and are getting a chance to sneak away. Enjoy the trip!  :upthumb:

Glad you are feeling better Phil. Sounds like a fun project. Enjoy the cooler weather while it lasts.

No flowers needed..., We got back an hour or so ago... Bridge project VERY close to being done.. My wife drove a Ranger across it without incident... BUT there was a catch... After learning of what we were doing a good friend that lives at the deer camp year round came with his wife and set me down on my old padded seat 5 gallon bucket and my wife in the Ranger and did 95% of the work to get the bridge where it?s usable now....
Truthfully I?m glad they showed up because my wife and I had set the 2 runners (cross ties) across the drain and I was struggling.... I thought about a picture but we were on the way back to camp and there was no way I was going back...
So bridge 99% complete waiting for my oldest son to do a bit of dirt work on both ends... Tractor with front bucket equals smooth transition going both ways...
It really is nice to have such great friends...

Ol Arky said:
No flowers needed..., We got back an hour or so ago... Bridge project VERY close to being done.. My wife drove a Ranger across it without incident... BUT there was a catch... After learning of what we were doing a good friend that lives at the deer camp year round came with his wife and set me down on my old padded seat 5 gallon bucket and my wife in the Ranger and did 95% of the work to get the bridge where it?s usable now....
Truthfully I?m glad they showed up because my wife and I had set the 2 runners (cross ties) across the drain and I was struggling.... I thought about a picture but we were on the way back to camp and there was no way I was going back...
So bridge 99% complete waiting for my oldest son to do a bit of dirt work on both ends... Tractor with front bucket equals smooth transition going both ways...
It really is nice to have such great friends...

Any pictures? I love seeing project pictures!
Too bad Brad wasn't closer, I'm sure he could build you a nice one! Mr. DIY!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back