help me with my monster bull problem

elkfever

Jan 15, 2013
so i went to a area where no one hunts my own lil pocket in nature. well the area has growen over super bad and i was in today and was able to get within 80 of the heard and then they busted, the wind was good and the cover was better. so how do u get close enough to get the shot at a monster bull in this thick stuff i was thinking to put a tree stand in the only grassy medow in the area what do u all think. and when i say thick i mean it is tight for a mosquito

have you tried to clear out a shooting lane when the elk are not in there.  If you think the only way your going to have a shot at them is from a treestand then by all means put one in.  Id say get in as close as possible and once the bull bugles, bugle at him very agressively and see if that helps piss him off and draw him in.

Do you know how/where the elk are moving through?  I'd try and get in on their travel corridor and catch them moving from their morning feeding/rutting to their bedding areas so you don't have to concern yourself too much with movement.  I think your treestand idea makes sense.

Definately track their movement times so you dont scare them off while working the area. The stand may work but you will need to be flexible.

It  might suck but cut yourself some wider trails with a machete so you can slip in undetected. I started using this technique in the past with success but i tend to widen the trails while I'm scouting in the spring and summer months.

Definately track their movement times so you dont scare them off while working the area. The stand may work but you will need to be flexible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back