Help planning Idaho Elk Hunt

ericjoppa

Mar 26, 2018
Im heading to Idaho for the first time this fall. Wanting to Elk Hunt in unit 30 and 30A. Wondering if anyone has any tips about the area or pointers?

Secondarily, I understand Idaho has laws prohibiting the use of expandable broadheads. Planning at this point to get into some Muzzy Phantom 4 blades. Any suggestions on good broadheads that are fixed?

ericjoppa said:
Im heading to Idaho for the first time this fall. Wanting to Elk Hunt in unit 30 and 30A. Wondering if anyone has any tips about the area or pointers?

Secondarily, I understand Idaho has laws prohibiting the use of expandable broadheads. Planning at this point to get into some Muzzy Phantom 4 blades. Any suggestions on good broadheads that are fixed?
Slick trick grizz trick and muzzy mx3 both fly great and have the largest cut diameter I know of on a fixed blade at 1 1/4 in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett8133 said:
ericjoppa said:

Slick trick grizz trick and muzzy mx3 both fly great and have the largest cut diameter I know of on a fixed blade at 1 1/4 in

Ive been trying to stick with Cut on Contact... should I not worry about it?

Killed several of elk in idaho with Muzzy Phantoms.  Great head. Great blood trails, but have had several die in front of me.

ericjoppa said:
brett8133 said:
ericjoppa said:

Ive been trying to stick with Cut on Contact... should I not worry about it?
Those are the 2 heads I?ve always used on elk hogs deer and bear with out any troubles . I also shoot a set with 84 lbs of kinetic energy . The chisel points on those 2 broad heads are very sharp and if you hit a rib you?ll be happy you had them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back