How many?

Olympushunt

Jun 30, 2014
What is the most amount of elk you have in one trail camera shot? I\'ll start....lol
Next question is which one do you shoot if any?

Attachments

• SUNP0162.JPG
    711.4 KB · Views: 149
geez Louise!!!!!!!

cool picture! :upthumb:

I\'d probably be in a tree, so I don\'t see any shot that I would take. I would wait for one of those big fat cows to move away or into a safe spot, then..... :mg:

Ah ha! You tried to fool me Luke. The areas we are discussing are bull only units. There is no legal bull in the bunch. :cool:

I like this location. Not one of the elk is looking our way. Dan you better get ready. One of those cows will step clear soon. I love back-straps for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Bye me: I have no picture to compete. lol

\"JohnFitzgerald\" said:
Ah ha! You tried to fool me Luke. The areas we are discussing are bull only units. There is no legal bull in the bunch. :cool:

Who me? lol I have a some shed antlers we can try to glue on to the carcass after you shoot one John. :dk:

Here\'s a bunch from 2013 ... and on the move.

Attachments

• HUNT0088.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
Oh nice pic! I don\'t have anything like that. It looks like one didn\'t get the memo. That elk would be the equivalent of me in the woods.
\"Huh? Where is everyone going?\" I\'m always the last to know.

Not a pic of an elk but who scouts in board shorts? :eh:

[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->image.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]

Maybe this is what Mr Boardshorts was looking for aswell:

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->image.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 102
Interesting pictures Stringunner. It took me a minute to recognize the location where the camera was.

Are you kidding? Just look at that picture and tell me if he looks like he has it all together.

\"Stringunner\" said:
Swede, do you think Oly might remember? :think:

Hey....who is the good looking dude in the board shorts? That right there is your best photo of that session!
Nah....I don\'t remember that. ;)
In my pack was a trail cam. I went into that corridor thinking it would be an EXCELLENT spot for a trail cam as it is a transition zone. I also figured nobody else would think of putting one in there but SOMEone beat me to it! lol. I was thinking....what a smart guy! Crazy how I had no idea who you were at that time. I saw the FRESH elk poop right in front of your cam so I knew you were getting some good pics too! Did you ever stand hunt that area? I have bumped into elk in there during the season at times. Swede and I called it the \"bone yard\" as we found some elk bones in there before.
Too bad there isn\'t a good water hole in there as THAT would help....as well as a lack of CATTLE! I bumped into cattle about 150-200 yards below your cam as I was working my way up looking for a good cam location.
Were you surprised to see a human on your cam? lol....in board shorts no less! I do most of my scouting in shorts...it is too dang hot for pants. Last time though my buddy and I came back to camp looking like I got into a fight with a cougar...and lost.

It was a great spot in theory, not so great in execution. COWs, COWs, and more COWs. This is a true transition spot. That is how I found it actually, trailing a herd across a top, which I had hunted 3 days in a row and all three days they dropped into this spot. Finally, I followed. Came back the next year and put a camera in there. Great spot for transition photos, but the cattle move(ed) in late July and all through August and not another picture of elk. It?s been roughly the same story in 2013 and 14 as well for that spot. Definitely not enough consistency in elk activity to make it worth the sit there. But as you know as does Swede not too far from there are a couple of dandy spots, if not for all the MOOOers.

And yes I was completely surprised to get photos of someone else in there. It is not the easiest or likeliest spot for elk hunters, which is why it makes for a good elk spot. Sort of one of those that is ?walked? by every day in route to what we call the ?bowl.? And interesting to note, you Oly are the only other person whom I have ever gotten pics of at that location. We will have to keep it in our arsenal of options?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back