How often do you change the strings on your bow?

How often do you change the strings on your bow?

• Huh? You're supposed to change them?

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • When the strands start breaking...

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Every other season

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • When ever the Pro Shop offers them to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every season

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
I change when I start to see wear & tear.  I have had great results from Steve Speck at S&S Archery as he has a local person make them and he puts them on my bow.  No stretch, great price and no complaints from me.  I'm on year two with my two bows, and I wax them religiously.

I'm pretty sure I'm due.  I see a little wear now.  While we are on the subject anyone have any experience with the after market string makers on ebay?

Once i start seeing some good wear on them then ill take it into the bow shop and get it changed out.  I use whatever the bow shop suggests at the time.  Worked out so far.

Just like many of you, I change mine out at first sign of wear. I use Death Harp strings. They seem to hold up good, havn't had any reason to go to someone else.

Depends on how much shooting I do, if you do a lot you might have to change them every year, if not you can go 3 to 4 years. It will also depend on the quality of the string you use, you get what you pay for.

I got a new string this spring(1st replacement). Archery in the wild in Longmont Co makes their own custom strings, i love mine so far!

For the past 15 years I have been using Winners Choice bow strings.  They perform great, they last as long as any of the others my friends have tried, they are made in the USA (Oregon) and you can get them in about any color or combo of colors you might want.

I ussually change every other year.  Probably don't need to just start to see some signs of places it has rubbed and I would rather error on the side of not having blow out during the season:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back