Hoyt defiant series

commando

Jul 4, 2013
I'm looking at a new bow  and am looking hard at the defiant line. I was wondering if the carbon series is worth the extra $$$ ? I've heard it isn't worth the extra weight? Thoughts? Thanks

I was deciding between the carbon spyder and the nitrum last year. I was told that the nitrum is the same exact bow as the carbon just with an aluminum riser instead of a carbon riser. I honestly didnt notice a weight difference when i compared the two although carbon is obviously a little lighter.

I ended up going with the Nitrum and have been extremely happy with the purchase. Super impressed with Hoyt bows these past couple years.

I want to go shoot one just to have a chance at winning that bad rear end truck. Check out hoyts website if you haven't seen it.

commando said:
I'm looking at a new bow  and am looking hard at the defiant line. I was wondering if the carbon series is worth the extra $$$ ? I've heard it isn't worth the extra weight? Thoughts? Thanks

I love hoyt defiant series bows by the way if you haven't one yet you should. I'm looking to figure out where to get new 47" bowstring for my hoyt alpha elite which I'm happy with as well. I think the strings fray quicker on those though.

I'm not sure that I would consider it "worth it". I've shot a bunch of their carbon bows, albeit I have not sent arrows through their defiant. This question has been posed though since the beginning of the carbon bows that cost 30-40% more than their metal counterparts. I wasn't crazy about the carbon elements or spyders. Some people love them, I wasn't one of them. They're lighter, but not much and that can be a con also depending on how well you shoot light bows. They're not exceptionally faster, they're more expensive, the finish doesn't hold up as well, some make the case that they won't absorb an impact as well (although I take great care of my equipment and make every effort not to have my aluminum bow fall or take an impact), they have a really "hollow" sounding shot, etc...

The people that I know that love carbon bows are cultish and drink the same kool-aid. Best advice I can give is go an shoot one next to their aluminum counterparts.... If you can't put it down and need to have it so bad you can justify the extra $$ then get it and be happy. I shot hoyt for years before switching, not because I didn't like hoyt but wanted to see if I was missing anything else... Glad I did, there's dozens, if not hundreds, of new bows out there now there's no reason to be an affiliate to a brand or model unless that company is paying you to endorse them.

Carbon is tougher and quieter and doesn't get so damn cold in your hands on late seasons hunts. Besides that I liked the looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back