"I can do something every day" approach

stbmldcgrvs

May 4, 2013
My schedule is crazy with all of the responsibilities that I have.  Priorities, I know.  However, this has caused me to take on a different approach to my conditioning.  It is very simple.  I must do something to condition my body every day.  Some days when I have more time I will lift or go for a 4 or 5 mile run. Other days I do some circuit training, involving continuous motion either lifting/jump rope/squats etc.  Again, the key is to do something every day no matter if I only have 15 minutes.  At the very least I can do squats without weights, sit-ups, push-ups, leg lifts, etc. in continuous sets for 15 min. 
Before when I have focused on going to the gym or running programs and the time schedule hasn't worked I ended up not following through.  Perhaps I am not focused enough but I have found that I can do something every day and can always squeeze activity into an already full day with this approach and I don't have the added time of having to go to the gym.
Anybody else out there that is along these same lines?  I figure every little bit adds up and my waistline is evident of that as I have felt better than when I had a more regimented program that I would either get board with or time would squeeze the activity to the point that it wasn't effective at all.
I try to also shoot a few arrows each day also.  Sometimes it's only a dozen but I do something every day.

I resemble that...got a quick lift in before work, shot a few arrows tonight after getting the kids to bed, rode my bike trainer last night while watching the kids swim, etc.  I don't really have the big consistent swaths of time I used to, so I squeeze whatever I can in whenever I can.  Hopeful I'm better prepared today than yesterday.  Time will tell ;)

Heading into the old age category this year 50 I find this philosophy to work very well. Father Time takeawayith gains very quickly I am finding so some form of activity everyday goes a long way. Additionally just a few arrows each day is a great way to keep things fine tuned. 86 days and counting but who is counting!

Jeremiah age is just an excuse. as long as you do something each day you will benefit from is. Just don't slow down. When I do I seem to get lazy. You have to stay motivated and remember those mountains will be a lot easier the more exercise we do.

I agree, as we get older doing something every day helps, I workout at-least 5 days a week, and usually 6 or 7 days a week.
It definitely helps when I head out west.

Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back