I drew my Nebraska bull tag after over a decade!

Nebraska elk hunter

Jun 10, 2018
Here's one I found on camera.
523c0ffad1bc3a62c7a8cf862bf947fc.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site Nebraska elk hunter!  :welcome:

Congrats on drawing the tag! Do you already know where you plan on hunting? Apparently you've had some cameras in a few decent places before  ;-)

Thank you!  I'm extremely excited.  I have been applying for about ten years now.  I have a few places but I'm working on getting several more presently. 

Good to hear you're already working on getting more access. Nebraska seems like an interesting place to draw a tag considering you need to get access to most of the areas from the sounds of it. Let us know how we can help and keep us updated on how it goes. Hopefully you're able to punch your tag on a giant!

Welcome to the forum and a HUGE CONGRATS on that tag!
I bet you fell out of your chair when you saw those results!!!  :upthumb:

That bull is an absolute MONSTER

Nebraska is almost all private land so it can be difficult or expensive to get a place.  Luckily we have some ground and some great neighbors as well.  I'm on a big learning curve with elk. I have deer hunted since I was old enough but never elk.  I am working on calling and I have been watching the elk for years. The great thing with this tag is I can archery and rifle hunt so it opens up my options.  I almost did fall out of my chair when I got the results! 

One of the challenges I think I will have to figure out is that most of the elk and deer hang out in the corn until it's picked and often that doesn't happen until after seasons end.

Nebraska elk hunter said:
One of the challenges I think I will have to figure out is that most of the elk and deer hang out in the corn until it's picked and often that doesn't happen until after seasons end.

I would think that when it comes to the rut, they probably won't be just hanging in the corn. I would anticipate that being a good time to find them.

Do you find any of the elk in estrous scents work?

I wouldn't ever depend on something like that for elk. If you are upwind of them, it probably doesn't matter what scent you are using. You need to stay on the downwind side if you are going to have any success.

Thank you on both!  What's crazy is my dad drew a bull tag too.  I think they only gave out maybe 15-20. 

Thank you on both!  What's crazy is my dad drew a bull tag too.  I think they only gave out maybe 15-20. 

Wow, that's awesome! You guys are in for one heck of a year!

It's going to be amazing!  I was worried he wouldn't get one and he's getting up there in years so it's going to be really nice to go with him. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back