Idaho Mcall zone

Kodiedean123

Sep 22, 2020
So I am sure this question has been asked a lot , but I am new to archery and elk hunting ( 1st season doing both why not ?) but I have a Mcall zone tag. I got it last minute before I could research better zones with higher odds in Idaho but it is what it is for this season. That being I have not had a lot of time to scout in person but I have E-scouted a ton. I  have only been able to day hunt a handful of times this season so far ( busy with work and 1.5 year old daughter at home ). So any suggestions of where to hunt ? I know guys keep specific spots secret but any tips? Been practicing hard with archery, learn to bugle with a diaphgram call and learning all I can about hunting Elk but to no success , at this point I would be happy if I even heard a bugle !!!

Where to go? Away from people. That could be a mile off the road, or it could be miles into the backcountry. There are hunters who tag big bulls in the unit every year. The elk are there. The success is up to you. Keep doing what you're doing. Learn all you can and just get out there and find out for yourself. That's the fun part. Good luck out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back