Idaho OTC tags - questions, questions...

Formula1

Oct 17, 2021
Okay so I'm a noob hunter, going to get tags for next year to hunt elk.  I am going with my 2 sons, one is 26 the other 11.  I will be getting one tag for myself, one for my 11 yo and my 26 y.o. son for himself.  From what I am hearing, since Idaho has become capped on tags, that it is very difficult to get tags for the same zones...anyone have experience from last year trying to get tags for friends or family and themselves coordinated?  If so how hard was it?

Even more important, if I want to get a tag for myself and my 11 y.o. son in the  same zone, is there any mechanism during purchase to have both in my check out cart or do I have to do 2 separate transactions?  Is there a cap on youth tags?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If they are over the counter tags then they are sold first come first served so if you guys buy them when they go on sale (sometime in Dec I think) you shouldn't have too many problems. Some units sell out fast so if your certain your going elk hunting I wouldn't wait to buy them. As far as I know youth tags count against the non-resident cap like any other tag.
If your putting in for draw tags only 10% go to non-residents so if there are only 20 tags for that unit only 2 would be non-resident and one of you wouldn't be able to get a tag.
You can put in for a group application on draw tags to try to make sure you all draw or none of you do but for OTC tags I'm pretty sure you just buy them if there available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back