Im kicking my own #&$!!!

Turnem N Burnem

Mar 18, 2014
Since I decided earlier this year to take my buddy up on the offer of headed to the Rockies with him for a DIY bow hunt this year which I have never done, I figured I would start hitting the gym. I have been getting up at 4:30 to hit the stairmaster (30 minutes with a 35# pack) then back in the afternoon for weights. This past weekend I hit the trailhead of the Mt Mitchell trail, which is as high as it gets this side of the Mississippi. I made the summit in 4 hours (6 mile hike) and only stopped 3 times briefly to take breaks. It definitely wasn't easy but I made it up, camped, then headed back down the hill then next morning. I'll probably try to do that a few more times before we head west since its the best I can do for elevation training. Anybody have any recommendations for a flatlander?

Turnem

kepp going man just when you think your in good shape for the mountains thats when you just getting started lol

Great Job!  Keep up the hard work.  You'll be ready.  Mt Mitchell, not far from me in Charlotte.

I forgot we have have an elevator in my office and climb up and down the 14 flights of stairs 3-4 time a day....every day. 

I did Mt Mitchell again this past weekend-I held up better this time! Also got my new-used pack in the mail so I need to check it on the stairmaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back