it will never end.....poached elk found this evening......

rosey elkhunter

Dec 29, 2012
breaking news....daughter in law, Alicia just left her folks house, found a bull elk laying at the bottom of the driveway, breathing its last breaths......someone shot the bull out of season, arrow in the side of the bull. Waiting for Sherriff office to show up, placed a call to WDFW, Officer Anderson was quite helpful.....He has requested us to keep the arrow for evidence since late archery season was over on Dec.15th.....

I feel your pain, had an elk poached right out of the field by my house friday morning about 7:30. I assumed it was duck hunters and didnt investigate..... found out latter what had happened.

Such a waste. It is so frustrating to here this. I always get worried when the heard here moves down to the wintering grounds.

Poacher should loose the hunting rights forever and be a fine so big it would keep them form doing it in the first place. Stealing from all of us when they do this.

You're right, it won't ever end as long as these jag-bags only get a slap on the wrist.  I can't understand how people do these types of things.  The worse part is when they have their little kid sitting next to them in the truck...the cycle continues at that point.

I hope they catch the person(s).

That just sucks. I hate when this kinda stuff happens. This year I had a cow tag and was rifle hunting when I saw the last of a group of elk entering the trees. So I snuck in there. When I got into the trees I could see an elk, but all I could see was its neck and chest. So rather than taking the chance it could be a bull I passed on the elk. I never did see its head, but I would rather safe and not fined then to accidentaly shoota bull. Poaching sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back